Sunday, March 9, 2008

Think about it

Okay, I'm just now reading today's R.S. lesson. The lesson at church was very good, but I'm trying to keep up with the reading. I'm reading about the 116 pages story and the Lord's response to Joseph after he's lost the pages and this line pops out at me; "but behold, the Lord said unto me, I will not suffer that Satan shall accomplish his evil desgin in this thing:". What pops into my head after reading this is-the Lord knows what Satan is up to-ALWAYS. Then I think about the temple where the Lord knew what Satan would do.

I realize this is one of those thoughts where you think, ' yes, I knew that', but for me it was an 'ahha' that thought took on new meaning and a new perspective. If the Lord knows what Satan will do with each of us, then all the more reason to be in tune with The Spirit because the Lord will warn us of anything harmful to us. He knows my weaknesses and will make them strengths if I come to Him and he'll help me to resist the temptations that beset me in my weaknesses. I can avoid a lot of pain and problems if I listen and obey the Lord's promptings.

Isn't this what life is all about? Learning and growing, line upon line, precept upon precept. I knew that the Lord knows me well enough to know what I will do, but I didn't think about him always knowing what Satan will do.

It's like learning for the first time that Adam and Eve would of gotten the apple and fallen even if Satan hadn't of tempted them. They had to fall in order that men might be, but they didn't have to fall due to temptation by Satan. Heavenly Father knows what will happen and he works around it and to his benefit. I'm glad Satan doesn't know everything-limited knowledge. But I can know all God knows if I do all the things the scriptures and prophets tell me to. Well, at least all God wants me to know anyway.

I love these lightbulb moments!!

No comments: