Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Old Testament

Clint posed a question to me last Sunday night. He was reading in St. John 1:21 and asked who is 'that prophet' the Pharasies refer to when talking to John the baptist? They also asked 'art thou Elias?'. I looked up D&C 110 and said I thought it might refer to Elijah since it mentions Elias coming and Moses showed up and well, Elijah the prophet. But Clint found a passage in a book at grandma's that said 'that prophet' refered back to Christ, which doesn't make sense to me since John already said he wasn't Christ. We thought perhaps Messiah and Christ were two separate references here. ??? Anyone know?

Well, this question got me started reading the Old Testament. I didn't start at the beginning, I started at Hosea since all the small books after Daniel have references to the 2nd coming. I was delighted today to find that in Micah 4:1&2 says the same thing as Isaiah 2:1-3. Oh, and to think that in v.3 Micah is referencing the same symbol image John the Revelator uses about the church. I love the scriptures.

No comments: