Have you ever been upset with someone but took it out on someone else? Well, the Amalekites are feeling this way in v.2. They couldn't get what they wanted, so they got upset and took it out on the Anti-Nephi-Lehi people. But check out the response. It's the same as last time-they don't fight back. They just take it. How many times has someone gotten upset with me and I've in return retaliated? Is this humility? I venture to say not.
I have the word 'trial' on the sidebar of my scriptures. Is this a trial for the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's? Are they being tested as to what to do? Sometimes do I continue to take something from someone when I shouldn't. I don't mean physical things, but harrasment, verbal abuse, etc. Ammon suggests that the people leave, but they want to know before they make a move that it's approved by the Lord. 2 Nephi 37:37 says Council with the Lord in all thy doings and he will direct the for good.
Ammon gets answers from the Lord-v.12
Try the hearts-forgiveness-v.15
v. 18-Joy from being penitent and humble seeker of happiness
v.22 given land for inheritance-given children as inheritance
v.26 children named after us-converts named after Ammon
v.27 what kind of people they were and the promise of the LOrd in v.12-would be preserved.
Ammon was preserved because of promise from Lord to father. Are our children preserved if we are seeking to be like Mosiah and people of Ammon?
No comments:
Post a Comment