Tuesday, October 7, 2008

...and I should heal them.

The Lord speaks this in Matt 13:15 "...lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." What is it to be healed by the Lord? Cross reference 3 N 9:13
"O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they. will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted that I may heal you?"
The cross reference in 3 N 18:32 didn't speak to me, but I looked up it's cross reference in D&C 112:13 which was of great worth.
"And after their temptations, and much tribulation, behold, I the Lord, will feel after them, and if they harden not their hearts, and stiffen not their necks against me, they shall be converted, and I will heal them." Now I realize that the New Man, Spiritually Reborn has occurred at baptism, but is it a one time event? I think not. It seams to be a process 'line upon line' as with the Savior until he fully came to know who he was and his mission on this earth. So I am also to learn 'line upon line' the things of the gospel so that I might be truely converted and as it says in v. 14 "feed my sheep". The Savior went forth in his mission to teach and spiritually feed his flock (also physically at times) and to fulfill all righteousness. If I am to follow him, and be like him, then I am to seek to be converted so that I may in turn feed his sheep and complete my mission on this earth and by so doing, will be healed-whole, complete, perfect as He is.
See 2 N 26:9 "But the Son of righteousness shall appear unto them; and he shall heal them, and they shall have peace with him,..."

No comments: