Well, D&C 88 doesn't stop. There are so many jewels, it's wonderful. Verse 119 this time. I've thought about this verse before, but when I came across a Home Management Binder that listed scripture verses, along with topics such as "Homemaking for Woman and Biblical Womanhood", "Home Budget", "Daily Schedule", and "Weekly Menus", I thought of this verse. I need to organize myself and prepare every needful thing, so that I can build my own home to be "a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God".
If I am to be like God someday, then my home on earth is the place to get it together. His house is all those things listed, so I need to work on them. I really like the order of things listed. You must pray always and once that habit is down, then you can really fast and pray, then your faith is strengthened with these 2 things. As in Alma 17:3 where the sons of Mosiah fasted and prayed, they were blessed with the spirit of revelation and the spirit of prophecy. I could use that in my house! It's a great building block I believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment