We had our Stake Conference this last weekend. I started reading the Conference Talks that just showed up and since I'd missed Saturday afternoon, I started with that. Brother Lund talks about our hearts and evaluating them. I decided I wouln't just read and underline which I have done in the past, I would actually make notes on the sides margins when thoughts come to my mind and to make a list of what I am going to do once I've read the talk. Action...faith is an action, so I said I would be better at writing down promtings or acting on them if they were immediate. At conference Saturday night our Stake President was reviewing all the stake stats. When he got to the VT/HT he said something that stuck better than before. A gospel priniciple is Return and Report on your VT/HT. I knew I should call and report, but not until he phrased it that way did I realize that it is my responsibility to return and report my assignments. We are taught this in the temple and so, I am committing my self to R&R on my VT every month. I am happy to say I did this today as we visited our sisters yesterday afternoon. I feel good.
Another thing that struck me on Sunday when the Stake President again was speaking was he talked about 'being about my fathers' business' and how we should know the Lord's will in regards to our personal lives. I again knew this, but the spirit was very strong (so much that I don't remember what the Stake President said as the spirit was speaking to me) and the Stake President said in all matters we should know the Lords' will: buying a car, jobs, etc. I realized that I was trying to listen to the spirit when it comes to picking our adoption agency, but I hadn't really studied it out in my mind and done all I could do, as the scripture says, before I decide. I need to do the same thing when it comes to getting a job. I need to go before the Lord after doing my pro's and con's and get his input on all this. It was a great reminder that I need to really go through the steps when searching for answers. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life.
One more thing-the 3 fold mission of the church, well, that applies to each of us in our own personal life. We are to try and perfect ourselves, to proclaim the gospel, and to redeem our dead-our ancestors. There is much to do, everything has it's place, there is a time and a season, and everything I learn in this life will help me more in the next. So, that explains why some people come in this world as they do-they did more in the pre-existance than I did. Oh, I'm so behind.........
No comments:
Post a Comment