Can I just say how much I love the scriptures and the cross references? And how if I pray before I read the scriptures how blessed I am while reading them to receive answers to things that are going on in my life.
So I open up my New Testament can't believe I'm on Chapter 11, because I don't really remember reading all of Chapter 10, so back I go to start over with Chpt. 10. It now looks familiar, but I'll keep reading as nothing seemed to jump out last time, maybe this time it will. So v. 16 catches my eyes with the phrase 'wise as serpents and harmless as doves'. I check the cross references for wise and I might know the BoM choices, but the D&C I don't for sure, so I go to it. D&C 111:11. I read v. 11 and it's no new insight, but then I look up at v. 5 and can't believe what I'm reading.
Let me give you some background as to the lastest development in our lives. With Clint out of work for so long now, we've gone into debt, and for help with the job search, we've gone into debt, and with his medical procedures, we've gone into debt. I'm feeling very weighed down with debt and it is on my mind constantly-even this morning when I woke up in the wee hours and coudn't go back to sleep. Also, Clint had some success yesterday in the job search. Mazda called and asked if he'd consider a lesser position than the one he applied to 3 months ago. It's in Tennessee. I said, sounds great. But I am concered a little about all the callings I have here and how much good I can/am doing with them. If he takes the job can we be apart again while we try to sell the house and I finish my work project, etc. I know the Lord will take care of what we need, but I'm wondering about these great things that are happening with helping others in the gospel. After my experiences last year-I'll do whatever I need to do, be flexible, and trust that if it's suppose to happen-he'll take care of it and I don't need to fear. (like I did last year and learned a few more lessons than I really had to because I had more fear than faith)
Now all that being said, v. 5-10 reads 'Concern not yourselves about your debts, for I will give you power to pay them. Concern not yourselves with Zion, for I will deal mercifully with her. Tarry in this place, and in the regions round about; And in the place where it is my will that you should tarry, for the main, shall be signalized unto you by the peace and power of my Spirit, that shall flow unto you. This place you may obtain by hire. And inquire diligently concerning the more ancient inhabitants and founders of this city; For there are more treasures than one for you in this city'. I can't believe what I'm reading, and how comforting it is. But it doesn't stop here. I look at the cross reference for v. 5 debts and am lead to D&C 64:27. Of course I can't stop at one verse so I read all the way to v.34. Once again I am feeling the Spirit and feel very blessed to be recieving such comfort, council, and confirmation.
v.29 'agents...on the Lord's errand; and whatever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord's business.'
v.30 'and he hath set you to provide for his saints in these last days, that they may obtain an inheritance in the land of Zion' (I think of doing my genealogy and temple work)
v. 32 'But all things must come to pass in their time.' (oh how I'm not patient for this one)
v. 33 'be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.' (all the grass root efforts to help my ward members start to do their genealogy could pay off big)
v. 34 'the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.' (did I pass the test of willing mind when I said yes to my 3rd calling?)
The Lord is truely gracious and I am humbled. He takes the time to speak to me through the scriptures and I am blessed because of it. What more can I say than "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord...I'll say what you want me to say dear Lord...I'll do what you want me to do".
No comments:
Post a Comment